Tuesday, June 9, 2009

AASL Independent School Section

Good morning:

It is the first day of final exams here at JSerra. I am knee deep in end of the year duties, as I am sure all of you are as well.

I received an email yesterday from the AASLForum listserv indicating AASL is solicitating nominations for 2010 committees. I have nominated myself for the AASL Independent School Section Chair-Elect position. I really hope I make the ballot so that I have an opportunity to bring a new California voice to this national committee.

As California school librarians, we all have to do our part, however small, to advocate for school libraries in order to end the cuts in public (and some private) schools.

I will be meeting with Darla Magana at St. Margarets in a couple of weeks to discuss the collaborative and plans for a meeting. I hope all of you have a great summer, if you are a 10-month employee (like me).

I also will be visiting UCLA and Esther Grassian this summer, so will report on that visit after it happens.

Jeanne S
JSerra Cath HS

No comments: